The best in sponsorship marketing projects, delivered across multiple media platforms, will be selected by a panel of leading industry experts named to judge the 9th Annual Sponsorship Marketing Awards.
The awards, presented by the Sponsorship Marketing Council of Canada (SMCC), recognize companies that have maximized their investments in sponsorship marketing by developing innovative strategies that drive business results.
The judging panel, chaired by Gavin Roth, Vice President, Multiplatform Sales at Rogers Media, is comprised of senior executives representing a cross-section of Canada’s sponsorship marketing industry. They are:
· Brent Barootes, President & CEO, Partnership Group – Sponsorship Specialists
· Sue Bundy, Director, Corporate Sponsorships and Marketing Alliances, BMO Financial Group
· Shawn Burt, Chief Hockey Officer, The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation
· Nathalie Cook, Vice President, Integrated Marketing & Partnerships, TSN
· Linda Cronin, Vice President, Integrated Marketing, Coca-Cola
· George Dudas, Consultant, Marketing & Sponsorship
· Marlène Hins, Senior Director, Image and Sponsorships, RONA
· Ryan Hudecki, Vice President - CHL Properties, CCMC Sports Group
· Hubert Richard, Vice President, Effix Marketing
· Jonathan Ritter, Media, Sports & Entertainment Marketing, Labatt Breweries of Canada | AB InBev
· Jacqueline Ryan, Vice President, Sponsorships and Partnership Programs, Scotiabank
· Kristina Schaefer, Senior Vice President, IMG Consulting
· Hari Sihvo, Director, Sponsorship & Strategy, Molson Coors Canada
The judges will consider SMA entries in eight categories: Sports; Arts & Entertainment; Cause (for not-for-profit programs); Special Interest (activation of sponsored programs in areas other than Sports, Arts & Entertainment, or Cause); Sustained Success (for programs that demonstrate delivery of business results over three consecutive years or longer); Small Budget (for programs budgeted at less than $100,000 annually, which includes rights fees and activation); Media Sponsorship (activation of sponsored programs experienced primarily via media such as broadcast, print, online, etc.); and Business-to-Business.
The entry deadline for the 2013 awards program is Thursday, January 31 at 11:59 p.m. EST. The winners will be announced at the SMCC’s 10th Annual Conference on April 25 in Toronto.
Complete entry rules and guidelines are posted on the SMCC website.
Formed under the auspices of the Association of Canadian Advertisers (ACA), the SMCC was created to further the development of best practices and accountabilities in the field of sponsorship marketing. Membership is open to client marketers; property-rights owners; and marketing communications agencies, consultants and suppliers.